Allentown road closed, home evacuated for gas leak
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - June 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A road in Allentown is closed and one house was evacuated for a gas leak on Tuesday morning.
The Allentown fire department and UGI were called to West Emmaus Avenue around 10:30 a.m.
There, they located the leak in the middle of the street and quickly contained it.
West Emmaus Avenue was closed between 12th and 26th streets.
The home was evacuated because it was located close to the scene.
pennsylvania, allentown, gas leak, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs