Family: 'Craigslist murder' victim was family man
WILLIAMSTOWN, N.J. - June 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- The family of Daniel Cook Jr., the man murdered while responding to a Craigslist ad last Friday, spoke out for the first time on Tuesday.
Jennifer-Lynn Quinones described her cousin as a hard worker and family man.
Quinones said the 27-year old from Wiliamstown, New Jersey was a father of two small children and was planning a wedding.
She described him as someone who loved cars, and worked as a self-employed mechanic.
The family says right now their focus is on keeping his legacy alive.
"He was just a very compassionate and generous young man and we just want people to know that he wasn't doing anything wrong he was just answering a Craigslist ad," Quinones said.
23-year old Thomas Coffee of Willow Grove, Montgomery County has been charged with Cook's murder.
Police say Coffee lured Cook with the online ad, then shot and robbed him.
A funeral for Cook will take place this Saturday in Gloucester County.
homicide, philadelphia, west oak lane, shooting, craigslist, local/state
- Photos: LATEST Maps: 6+" in parts of NJ 1 min ago
- Winter's Last Blast 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 17 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 39 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Winter's Last Blast
18 min ago
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
17 min ago
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
39 min ago