Family: 'Craigslist murder' victim was family man
WILLIAMSTOWN, N.J. - June 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- The family of Daniel Cook Jr., the man murdered while responding to a Craigslist ad last Friday, spoke out for the first time on Tuesday.
Jennifer-Lynn Quinones described her cousin as a hard worker and family man.
Quinones said the 27-year old from Wiliamstown, New Jersey was a father of two small children and was planning a wedding.
She described him as someone who loved cars, and worked as a self-employed mechanic.
The family says right now their focus is on keeping his legacy alive.
"He was just a very compassionate and generous young man and we just want people to know that he wasn't doing anything wrong he was just answering a Craigslist ad," Quinones said.
23-year old Thomas Coffee of Willow Grove, Montgomery County has been charged with Cook's murder.
Police say Coffee lured Cook with the online ad, then shot and robbed him.
A funeral for Cook will take place this Saturday in Gloucester County.
homicide, philadelphia, west oak lane, shooting, craigslist, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man