Family: 'Craigslist murder' victim was family man
WILLIAMSTOWN, N.J. - June 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- The family of Daniel Cook Jr., the man murdered while responding to a Craigslist ad last Friday, spoke out for the first time on Tuesday.
Jennifer-Lynn Quinones described her cousin as a hard worker and family man.
Quinones said the 27-year old from Wiliamstown, New Jersey was a father of two small children and was planning a wedding.
She described him as someone who loved cars, and worked as a self-employed mechanic.
The family says right now their focus is on keeping his legacy alive.
"He was just a very compassionate and generous young man and we just want people to know that he wasn't doing anything wrong he was just answering a Craigslist ad," Quinones said.
23-year old Thomas Coffee of Willow Grove, Montgomery County has been charged with Cook's murder.
Police say Coffee lured Cook with the online ad, then shot and robbed him.
A funeral for Cook will take place this Saturday in Gloucester County.
homicide, philadelphia, west oak lane, shooting, craigslist, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 8 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd 51 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 8 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar