Family: 'Craigslist murder' victim was family man
WILLIAMSTOWN, N.J. - June 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- The family of Daniel Cook Jr., the man murdered while responding to a Craigslist ad last Friday, spoke out for the first time on Tuesday.
Jennifer-Lynn Quinones described her cousin as a hard worker and family man.
Quinones said the 27-year old from Wiliamstown, New Jersey was a father of two small children and was planning a wedding.
She described him as someone who loved cars, and worked as a self-employed mechanic.
The family says right now their focus is on keeping his legacy alive.
"He was just a very compassionate and generous young man and we just want people to know that he wasn't doing anything wrong he was just answering a Craigslist ad," Quinones said.
23-year old Thomas Coffee of Willow Grove, Montgomery County has been charged with Cook's murder.
Police say Coffee lured Cook with the online ad, then shot and robbed him.
A funeral for Cook will take place this Saturday in Gloucester County.
homicide, philadelphia, west oak lane, shooting, craigslist, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly 5 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
3 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
5 min ago