NFL champ, fmr. Temple star Bernard Pierce carjacked
PHILADELPHIA - June 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- NFL Super Bowl champion and former Temple University star Bernard Pierce was the victim of a carjacking, Action News has learned.
It happened shortly after 6:00 p.m. Sunday along Haverford Avenue near Brentwood Road in Philadelphia's Overbrook Park section.
Police say at least two armed men pulled up in a blue Toyota and took Pierce's black 2012 BMW X6.
The car was recovered the following day.
Pierce and his passenger were not injured.
The suspects remain at large.
philadelphia, nfl, carjacking, temple, temple owls, local/state
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 33 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 14 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million