Man shot after refusing to hand over cell phone
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - June 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man was shot after refusing to hand over his cell phone to a gunman in South Philadelphia Wednesday morning.
The robbery happened around 5:30 a.m. on the 1600 block of South 7th Street.
The 26-year-old victim sustained a gunshot wound to the shoulder and was rushed to the hospital for treatment. At last check he was listed in stable condition.
The search continues for the shooter.
south philadelphia, philadelphia, shooting, robbery, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 4 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 39 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 4 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
4 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
4 min ago