Shyamalan TV show not coming to Philadelphia suburbs
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - June 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- M. Night Shyamalan's new television show apparently won't be coming to the Philadelphia area, where the director has set many of his movies.
The Intelligencer of Doylestown reports the new Fox TV show, "Wayward Pines," will be heading to Vancouver, British Columbia, instead of Sellersville or Doylestown. Shyamalan and others putting together the show were looking for a bucolic small town to film the series, which is set in Wayward Pines, Idaho.
Sharon Pinkenson, executive director of the Greater Philadelphia Film Office, says the Philadelphia area just didn't have the dense pine forests with cliffs overlooking the sea. She says there's only so much that could be faked.
Shyamalan has set many of his films in and around Bucks County, including the 2002 movie "Signs."
Information from: The Intelligencer, http://www.phillyburbs.com
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 4 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 35 min ago
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
31 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
35 min ago