Police brace for traffic for Gandolfini viewing
PARK RIDGE, N.J. - June 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in a small northern New Jersey town are urging the public to stay away from a private viewing for actor James Gandolfini.
Park Ridge police are expecting heavy traffic delays near the Robert Spearing Funeral Home for the invitation-only wake for family and friends between 3 and 9 p.m. Wednesday.
Berthoud Street will be closed from noon until 9:30 p.m.
The 51-year-old star of "The Sopranos", who grew up in nearby Westwood, died last Wednesday in Rome.
Broadway theaters will dim their marquee lights at 8 p.m. in memory of the actor who earned a Tony Award nomination in 2009 for his role in the award-winning "God of Carnage."
Gandolfini's funeral will be held Thursday at the Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine in New York City.
new jersey, james gandolfini, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed