2 medevaced from cruise ship off New Jersey coast
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. -June 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two women needed to be medevaced from a cruise ship located approximately 80 miles off the coast of Atlantic City, New Jersey on Tuesday due to separate medical emergencies.
The United States Coast Guard was contacted at approximately 10:30 p.m. for a report of two women, ages 73 and 81, onboard the Carnival Splendor cruise ship in need of immediate medical attention.
A helicopter was then dispatched to the ship, arriving roughly an hour after the call was made.
The women, both reported to be in critical condition, were hoisted onto the helicopter along with two cruise ship nurses and taken to Atlantic City where their care was transferred to AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center personnel.
There is no word on the nature of the emergencies, nor on the present conditions of the women.
atlantic city, atlantic county, new jersey, rescue, coast guard, local/state
- Police search for missing Delco mother 43 min ago
- Record Warmth! 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Record Warmth!
40 min ago