2 medevaced from cruise ship off New Jersey coast
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. -June 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two women needed to be medevaced from a cruise ship located approximately 80 miles off the coast of Atlantic City, New Jersey on Tuesday due to separate medical emergencies.
The United States Coast Guard was contacted at approximately 10:30 p.m. for a report of two women, ages 73 and 81, onboard the Carnival Splendor cruise ship in need of immediate medical attention.
A helicopter was then dispatched to the ship, arriving roughly an hour after the call was made.
The women, both reported to be in critical condition, were hoisted onto the helicopter along with two cruise ship nurses and taken to Atlantic City where their care was transferred to AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center personnel.
There is no word on the nature of the emergencies, nor on the present conditions of the women.
atlantic city, atlantic county, new jersey, rescue, coast guard, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 22 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
5 min ago