Arrest in theft of $1,250 in photography gear from Philadelphia home
PHILADELPHIA - July 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police say they have arrested the man who allegedly stole $1,250 in photography equipment from a home.
Manuel El Dixon, 58, from the 1900 block of South Street, was arrested on Friday after he surrendered to police.
The burglary happened at 11:35 a.m. on June 18th in the 1900 block of South Street.
Investigators say Dixon entered the home through an unlocked door and helped himself to the gear.
Police say he surrendered after surveillance video of the theft aired on local news.
Dixon is charged with burglary and related offenses.
philadelphia, burglary, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm 39 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills 58 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
49 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
39 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos