Arrest in theft of $1,250 in photography gear from Philadelphia home
PHILADELPHIA - July 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police say they have arrested the man who allegedly stole $1,250 in photography equipment from a home.
Manuel El Dixon, 58, from the 1900 block of South Street, was arrested on Friday after he surrendered to police.
The burglary happened at 11:35 a.m. on June 18th in the 1900 block of South Street.
Investigators say Dixon entered the home through an unlocked door and helped himself to the gear.
Police say he surrendered after surveillance video of the theft aired on local news.
Dixon is charged with burglary and related offenses.
philadelphia, burglary, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos