Arrest in theft of $1,250 in photography gear from Philadelphia home
PHILADELPHIA - July 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police say they have arrested the man who allegedly stole $1,250 in photography equipment from a home.
Manuel El Dixon, 58, from the 1900 block of South Street, was arrested on Friday after he surrendered to police.
The burglary happened at 11:35 a.m. on June 18th in the 1900 block of South Street.
Investigators say Dixon entered the home through an unlocked door and helped himself to the gear.
Police say he surrendered after surveillance video of the theft aired on local news.
Dixon is charged with burglary and related offenses.
philadelphia, burglary, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 2 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 2 min ago
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 2 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother 1 min ago
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking 1 min ago
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
2 min ago
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
1 min ago