Arrest in theft of $1,250 in photography gear from Philadelphia home
PHILADELPHIA - July 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police say they have arrested the man who allegedly stole $1,250 in photography equipment from a home.
Manuel El Dixon, 58, from the 1900 block of South Street, was arrested on Friday after he surrendered to police.
The burglary happened at 11:35 a.m. on June 18th in the 1900 block of South Street.
Investigators say Dixon entered the home through an unlocked door and helped himself to the gear.
Police say he surrendered after surveillance video of the theft aired on local news.
Dixon is charged with burglary and related offenses.
philadelphia, burglary, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 2 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia