Suspect sought in failed Philadelphia bank robbery
PORT RICHMOND - June 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police and the FBI are asking for the public's help in finding the man who tried, and failed, to rob a bank.
The robbery happened at 3:48 p.m. on Friday, June 21st at the Bank of America at 3745 Aramingo Avenue.
Police say the suspect handed the teller a demand note.
Investigators only said his attempt at a robbery failed, and he then fled on foot in an unknown direction.
The suspect is described as a black male standing 5'10" tall with a medium build and a goatee. He was wearing a black hat with a large "B" insignia on the front and a black t-shirt.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or go to PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, bank robbery, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station... 14 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 57 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire 27 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
57 min ago