Body identified as missing Gloucester Twp. woman Carol Reiff
GLOUCESTER TWP., N.J. - June 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say the body found in Gloucester Township on Monday is that of missing woman Carol Reiff.
Police say Reiff, 59, was identified by dental records, but the cause of death couldn't be determined due to the state of the body.
The cause and manner of death are listed as "pending," the Camden County Prosecutor's Office said on Wednesday.
Reiff's body was found around 11:47 a.m. Monday near the Lakeview Apartments at 590 Lower Landing Road, where she lived.
She hadn't been heard from since last Thursday. She was supposed to visit family in Manahawkin on Friday, but never showed up.
As the investigation continues, a $1,000 reward is being made available for information that would shed light on how Reiff died.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Camden County Prosecutor's Office Investigator Chuck Farrell at (856) 225-8653 or Gloucester Township Police Detective Bill Westphal at (856) 228-4500.
new jersey, camden county, missing person, body found, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 14 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 6 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 53 min ago
- Temps Soar