Body identified as missing Gloucester Twp. woman Carol Reiff
GLOUCESTER TWP., N.J. - June 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say the body found in Gloucester Township on Monday is that of missing woman Carol Reiff.
Police say Reiff, 59, was identified by dental records, but the cause of death couldn't be determined due to the state of the body.
The cause and manner of death are listed as "pending," the Camden County Prosecutor's Office said on Wednesday.
Reiff's body was found around 11:47 a.m. Monday near the Lakeview Apartments at 590 Lower Landing Road, where she lived.
She hadn't been heard from since last Thursday. She was supposed to visit family in Manahawkin on Friday, but never showed up.
As the investigation continues, a $1,000 reward is being made available for information that would shed light on how Reiff died.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Camden County Prosecutor's Office Investigator Chuck Farrell at (856) 225-8653 or Gloucester Township Police Detective Bill Westphal at (856) 228-4500.
new jersey, camden county, missing person, body found, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 5 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos