1 dead in 2 shootings on same North Philadelphia street
GERMANTOWN - June 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating two separate shootings, one deadly, on the same street in North Philadelphia.
Both shootings happened within hours apart on the 3000 block of Germantown Avenue.
Police were called to that location just before 9:00 p.m. where they found a 19-year-old male lying on the ground unconscious with two gunshot wounds to the head - shot from point-blank range.
The victim was rushed to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police say the victim was also armed with a semi-automatic weapon.
Then around 12:20 a.m. police returned to the street to find a 38-year-old man shot in the chest.
He was rushed to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
Police are trying to determine if the 38-year-old victim was on the street with friends starting a memorial for the 19-year-old victim when he was shot.
Several witnesses were taken to the police station for questioning.
shooting, north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: Missing boy struck by car 39 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 8 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico 11 min ago
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013 33 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
8 min ago