1 dead in 2 shootings on same North Philadelphia street
GERMANTOWN - June 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating two separate shootings, one deadly, on the same street in North Philadelphia.
Both shootings happened within hours apart on the 3000 block of Germantown Avenue.
Police were called to that location just before 9:00 p.m. where they found a 19-year-old male lying on the ground unconscious with two gunshot wounds to the head - shot from point-blank range.
The victim was rushed to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police say the victim was also armed with a semi-automatic weapon.
Then around 12:20 a.m. police returned to the street to find a 38-year-old man shot in the chest.
He was rushed to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
Police are trying to determine if the 38-year-old victim was on the street with friends starting a memorial for the 19-year-old victim when he was shot.
Several witnesses were taken to the police station for questioning.
shooting, north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: LATEST Maps: 3-6" in South Jersey 2 min ago
- Winter's Last Blast 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 15 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 37 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Winter's Last Blast
16 min ago
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
15 min ago
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
37 min ago