Crews battle high-rise apartment fire in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 27, 2103 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled a blaze at a North Philadelphia high-rise apartment building early Thursday morning.
The fire broke out just before 2:30 a.m. in the 2400 block of North 11th Street.
Some residents had to be evacuated for a short time from the Philadelphia Housing Authority apartment building.
The fire was quickly placed under control and residents returned with no reports of any injuries.
So far, there is no word on what sparked the blaze.
fire, north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 37 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor