Cabbie shot in hand in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - June 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia cab driver was shot during a robbery in West Philadelphia Thursday night.
It happened around 10:00 p.m. at 46th and Walnut streets.
Police say the cabbie picked up a man along Baltimore Avenue. He soon announced a holdup.
A struggle ensued and the driver was shot in the hand before the suspect fled.
Medics responded and rushed the driver to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for care. He is stable.
There is no word if the suspect got away with any money or valuables.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, robbery, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 19 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey 19 min ago
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing 19 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA