Cabbie shot in hand in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - June 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia cab driver was shot during a robbery in West Philadelphia Thursday night.
It happened around 10:00 p.m. at 46th and Walnut streets.
Police say the cabbie picked up a man along Baltimore Avenue. He soon announced a holdup.
A struggle ensued and the driver was shot in the hand before the suspect fled.
Medics responded and rushed the driver to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for care. He is stable.
There is no word if the suspect got away with any money or valuables.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, robbery, local/state
- Snow Arriving 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Photos: Images of Sunday's wintry mix 19 min ago
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow 18 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow Arriving
8 min ago