Chemical plant explosion and fire in Northampton County
UPPER MT. BETHEL TWP., Pa. - June 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- An explosion and fire at a Northampton County chemical plant forced the closure of a stretch of Route 611 for part of Thursday night.
The incident happened around 10:00 p.m. in a lab at the Voltaix Plant in Upper Mount Bethel Township.
Officials say they were initially concerned the fire could leak potentially deadly fumes.
The fire was quickly put out and there were no reports of injuries.
The cause of the explosion and blaze is under investigation.
fire, northampton county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine 58 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 26 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape