Chemical plant explosion and fire in Northampton County
UPPER MT. BETHEL TWP., Pa. - June 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- An explosion and fire at a Northampton County chemical plant forced the closure of a stretch of Route 611 for part of Thursday night.
The incident happened around 10:00 p.m. in a lab at the Voltaix Plant in Upper Mount Bethel Township.
Officials say they were initially concerned the fire could leak potentially deadly fumes.
The fire was quickly put out and there were no reports of injuries.
The cause of the explosion and blaze is under investigation.
fire, northampton county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 50 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ