2 men wanted for robbery of Southwest Philadelphia gas station
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - June 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the two men who held up a gas station in Southwest Philadelphia at gunpoint.
The robbery happened at 11:20 a.m. on June 21, 2013 at the SUNOCO gas station located at 2500 Island Avenue.
Surveillance cameras captured the two suspects entering the gas station store. One of the men was armed with a gun and aimed it at a store employee demanding cash.
The employee opened the register drawer and the suspects then took an undetermined amount of cash, wrapped the cash and the handgun inside a blue t-shirt the suspect was carrying, and then fled the store.
The suspects were last seen running east on the 7300 block of Theodore Street.
Both men are described as a black males, approximately 20 years-of-age, 5'7", dark complexion, last seen wearing white tank tops and dark colored shorts. One of the suspects spoke with an African or Jamaican accent.
If you have any information about the suspect's identity or whereabouts you are urged to contact police. To submit a tip anonymously, dial 215-686-8477 or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 9 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
9 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos