2 men wanted for robbery of Southwest Philadelphia gas station
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - June 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the two men who held up a gas station in Southwest Philadelphia at gunpoint.
The robbery happened at 11:20 a.m. on June 21, 2013 at the SUNOCO gas station located at 2500 Island Avenue.
Surveillance cameras captured the two suspects entering the gas station store. One of the men was armed with a gun and aimed it at a store employee demanding cash.
The employee opened the register drawer and the suspects then took an undetermined amount of cash, wrapped the cash and the handgun inside a blue t-shirt the suspect was carrying, and then fled the store.
The suspects were last seen running east on the 7300 block of Theodore Street.
Both men are described as a black males, approximately 20 years-of-age, 5'7", dark complexion, last seen wearing white tank tops and dark colored shorts. One of the suspects spoke with an African or Jamaican accent.
If you have any information about the suspect's identity or whereabouts you are urged to contact police. To submit a tip anonymously, dial 215-686-8477 or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 1 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower