Alleged serial burglar arrested in Montgomery County
WHITEMARSH TWP., Pa. - June 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- The suspect in nearly two dozen home burglaries in the area has been arrested.
Edward Barnes, Jr., 47, was arrested while allegedly breaking into a home in Whitemarsh Township on June 22nd.
Police say he is suspected of burglarizing homes in Whitpain Township, Conshohocken, Plymouth Township and Northeast Philadelphia.
The burglaries happened over the past 15 months, police said, each occurring between 10:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m.
During some of the incidents, homeowners were inside the residence when the burglaries took place.
Investigators say they have seized jewelry and electronics from his home on Cottman Avenue in the Northeast.
Barnes is being held on $100,000 bail.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, philadelphia, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 7 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
32 min ago