Alleged serial burglar arrested in Montgomery County
WHITEMARSH TWP., Pa. - June 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- The suspect in nearly two dozen home burglaries in the area has been arrested.
Edward Barnes, Jr., 47, was arrested while allegedly breaking into a home in Whitemarsh Township on June 22nd.
Police say he is suspected of burglarizing homes in Whitpain Township, Conshohocken, Plymouth Township and Northeast Philadelphia.
The burglaries happened over the past 15 months, police said, each occurring between 10:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m.
During some of the incidents, homeowners were inside the residence when the burglaries took place.
Investigators say they have seized jewelry and electronics from his home on Cottman Avenue in the Northeast.
Barnes is being held on $100,000 bail.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?