Robber shot by store owner in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a store owner shot a man who tried to rob his store in North Philadelphia.
It happened around 11:00 a.m. Friday at Elizabeth Grocery in the 1900 block of 4th Street.
According to investigators, the suspect entered the store and tried to reach into the cash register.
So, the 70-year-old owner told police, he shot the bandit in the ankle.
The wounded robbery suspect was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Police say he will then be held behind bars pending charges.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, shooting, robbery, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 6 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 7 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
7 min ago