Cab driver shot in West Philadelphia speaks
WEST PHILADELPHIA - June 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A cab driver who was shot while on duty in West Philadelphia spoke to Action News.
Abdul Jallah said he picked up a man Thursday night who robbed him at 46th and Walnut streets,
Jallah said the man held a gun to his head and demanded cash.
The cab driver says he grabbed the gun, which went off in his hand during the struggle.
Jallah said he just kept telling the man not to shoot him.
"At that time, I was calm so I talked to him. I said, 'I will give you everything you want, just leave me alone,'" said Jallah.
Fortunately Jallah only suffered minor injuries.
The suspect remains at large.
Meanwhile Jallah says he still loves driving a cab and plans to keep working to provide for his family overseas.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, robbery, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands