Delco charity scoops ice cream for a good cause
SPRINGFIELD, Pa. - June 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Delaware County charity foundation teamed up with a local business to scoop up some fun and raise awareness.
The Get Well Gabby Foundation along with Dairy Queen in Springfield hosted the inaugural 'Cones for a Cure' event.
A portion of Dairy Queen's sales on Saturday will be donated to the foundation, whose mission is to fight childhood cancer.
The foundation is named after 5-year-old Gabby Vogel who lost her battle with brain cancer in 2011.
"We are now fighting the fight for Gabby. We are trying to raise money for research and to help families who are also going through a childhood cancer diagnosis," said Carolynn Vogel.
If you would like to donate to the Get Well Gabby Foundation, visit GetWellGabby.org.
pennsylvania, delaware county, cancer, charity, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police