Delco charity scoops ice cream for a good cause
SPRINGFIELD, Pa. - June 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Delaware County charity foundation teamed up with a local business to scoop up some fun and raise awareness.
The Get Well Gabby Foundation along with Dairy Queen in Springfield hosted the inaugural 'Cones for a Cure' event.
A portion of Dairy Queen's sales on Saturday will be donated to the foundation, whose mission is to fight childhood cancer.
The foundation is named after 5-year-old Gabby Vogel who lost her battle with brain cancer in 2011.
"We are now fighting the fight for Gabby. We are trying to raise money for research and to help families who are also going through a childhood cancer diagnosis," said Carolynn Vogel.
If you would like to donate to the Get Well Gabby Foundation, visit GetWellGabby.org.
pennsylvania, delaware county, cancer, charity, local/state
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders 23 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 3 min ago
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera 11 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender 22 min ago
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Man critically injured in hit-and-run in SW Philly
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Co-host of HGTV show killed in motorcycle crash
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion