2 critically shot on the Camden Waterfront, hours after concerts end
CAMDEN - June 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating an overnight shooting on the Camden Waterfront that critically injured two women.
The two women in their 20s were both shot in the stomach. The victims were taken to Cooper University Hospital in critical condition.
The incident occurred around 3:30 a.m. Sunday in the parking lots behind Campbell's Field, hours after Cirque du Soleil ended their performance. It was also near the Susquehanna Bank Center where a Dave Matthews Band concert was held.
There is no word yet if anyone involved in the shooting attended either event.
Police tell Action News there was a group of people partying in the parking lots close to the Delaware River when some type of disturbance broke out and an unknown person opened fire striking the women.
A fire truck was called to the scene to help light up the area while police searched for clues.
Police are interviewing witnesses. No arrests have been reported.
new jersey, camden, camden county, shooting, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 5 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 12 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
5 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
12 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
1 min ago