2 critically shot on the Camden Waterfront, hours after concerts end
CAMDEN - June 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating an overnight shooting on the Camden Waterfront that critically injured two women.
The two women in their 20s were both shot in the stomach. The victims were taken to Cooper University Hospital in critical condition.
The incident occurred around 3:30 a.m. Sunday in the parking lots behind Campbell's Field, hours after Cirque du Soleil ended their performance. It was also near the Susquehanna Bank Center where a Dave Matthews Band concert was held.
There is no word yet if anyone involved in the shooting attended either event.
Police tell Action News there was a group of people partying in the parking lots close to the Delaware River when some type of disturbance broke out and an unknown person opened fire striking the women.
A fire truck was called to the scene to help light up the area while police searched for clues.
Police are interviewing witnesses. No arrests have been reported.
new jersey, camden, camden county, shooting, local/state
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 17 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- Video: Firefighters rescue puppy from sewer drain