2 critically shot on the Camden Waterfront, hours after concerts end
CAMDEN - June 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating an overnight shooting on the Camden Waterfront that critically injured two women.
The two women in their 20s were both shot in the stomach. The victims were taken to Cooper University Hospital in critical condition.
The incident occurred around 3:30 a.m. Sunday in the parking lots behind Campbell's Field, hours after Cirque du Soleil ended their performance. It was also near the Susquehanna Bank Center where a Dave Matthews Band concert was held.
There is no word yet if anyone involved in the shooting attended either event.
Police tell Action News there was a group of people partying in the parking lots close to the Delaware River when some type of disturbance broke out and an unknown person opened fire striking the women.
A fire truck was called to the scene to help light up the area while police searched for clues.
Police are interviewing witnesses. No arrests have been reported.
new jersey, camden, camden county, shooting, local/state
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 49 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash 34 min ago
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in Whitemarsh 2 min ago
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash 2 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy....
34 min ago