2 critically shot on the Camden Waterfront, hours after concerts end
CAMDEN - June 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating an overnight shooting on the Camden Waterfront that critically injured two women.
The two women in their 20s were both shot in the stomach. The victims were taken to Cooper University Hospital in critical condition.
The incident occurred around 3:30 a.m. Sunday in the parking lots behind Campbell's Field, hours after Cirque du Soleil ended their performance. It was also near the Susquehanna Bank Center where a Dave Matthews Band concert was held.
There is no word yet if anyone involved in the shooting attended either event.
Police tell Action News there was a group of people partying in the parking lots close to the Delaware River when some type of disturbance broke out and an unknown person opened fire striking the women.
A fire truck was called to the scene to help light up the area while police searched for clues.
Police are interviewing witnesses. No arrests have been reported.
new jersey, camden, camden county, shooting, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 16 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep 11 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 24 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 27 min ago
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 15 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 17 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
1 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
41 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
17 min ago