8 displaced in Upper Merion apartment fire
UPPER MERION TWP., Pa. - June 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say eight people were displaced after a fire broke out at an Upper Merion apartment complex.
It happened around 7:15 Sunday night on the 200 block of Tanglewood Lane.
Arriving fire crews found heavy smoke coming from one of the apartment units.
Firefighters quickly worked to bring the fire under control. No injuries were reported.
Officials say eight people were displaced and four homes were affected. The Red Cross has been called in to assist those residents.
The exact cause of the fire is still under investigation.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, fire, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk 31 min ago
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street 32 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)