8 displaced in Upper Merion apartment fire
UPPER MERION TWP., Pa. - June 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say eight people were displaced after a fire broke out at an Upper Merion apartment complex.
It happened around 7:15 Sunday night on the 200 block of Tanglewood Lane.
Arriving fire crews found heavy smoke coming from one of the apartment units.
Firefighters quickly worked to bring the fire under control. No injuries were reported.
Officials say eight people were displaced and four homes were affected. The Red Cross has been called in to assist those residents.
The exact cause of the fire is still under investigation.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, fire, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad