8 displaced in Upper Merion apartment fire
UPPER MERION TWP., Pa. - June 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say eight people were displaced after a fire broke out at an Upper Merion apartment complex.
It happened around 7:15 Sunday night on the 200 block of Tanglewood Lane.
Arriving fire crews found heavy smoke coming from one of the apartment units.
Firefighters quickly worked to bring the fire under control. No injuries were reported.
Officials say eight people were displaced and four homes were affected. The Red Cross has been called in to assist those residents.
The exact cause of the fire is still under investigation.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, fire, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings