Neighbor dispute in Wilmington leads to stabbing, police say
WILMINGTON, Del. - June 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a verbal dispute between neighbors lead to a stabbing in Wilmington.
It happened around 11:15 Sunday morning on the 800 block of Adams Street.
After receiving a 911 call, officers arrived to find a 68-year-old man with stab wounds to his chin, chest, face and abdomen.
An investigation revealed that the victim had a dispute with his neighbor, 68-year-old Robert Lee Jones, on Saturday evening.
The following morning, when the victim was out hanging clothes in his backyard, police say Jones attacked him with a sharp object.
The victim was taken to Christiana Hospital in serious but stable condition.
Police located and arrested Jones who now faces charges.
delaware, wilmington, stabbing, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ