Neighbor dispute in Wilmington leads to stabbing, police say
WILMINGTON, Del. - June 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a verbal dispute between neighbors lead to a stabbing in Wilmington.
It happened around 11:15 Sunday morning on the 800 block of Adams Street.
After receiving a 911 call, officers arrived to find a 68-year-old man with stab wounds to his chin, chest, face and abdomen.
An investigation revealed that the victim had a dispute with his neighbor, 68-year-old Robert Lee Jones, on Saturday evening.
The following morning, when the victim was out hanging clothes in his backyard, police say Jones attacked him with a sharp object.
The victim was taken to Christiana Hospital in serious but stable condition.
Police located and arrested Jones who now faces charges.
delaware, wilmington, stabbing, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student death 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 8 min ago
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens 41 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 36 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures