Neighbor dispute in Wilmington leads to stabbing, police say
WILMINGTON, Del. - June 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a verbal dispute between neighbors lead to a stabbing in Wilmington.
It happened around 11:15 Sunday morning on the 800 block of Adams Street.
After receiving a 911 call, officers arrived to find a 68-year-old man with stab wounds to his chin, chest, face and abdomen.
An investigation revealed that the victim had a dispute with his neighbor, 68-year-old Robert Lee Jones, on Saturday evening.
The following morning, when the victim was out hanging clothes in his backyard, police say Jones attacked him with a sharp object.
The victim was taken to Christiana Hospital in serious but stable condition.
Police located and arrested Jones who now faces charges.
delaware, wilmington, stabbing, local/state
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 43 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill performance
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist 19 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila. after-hours club 4 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet 23 min ago
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila....
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
43 min ago