SEPTA fare hikes take effect today
July 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Hopefully you are one of the many SEPTA riders who stocked up on tokens over the weekend, because today fares are going up.
As of midnight, SEPTA's fare hike has gone into effect. This is its first fare hike in three years, and while some riders are resigned to the inevitability of price hikes, others were none too pleased.
Raeneera Ash of West Philadelphia tells Action News, "It's just too much. There's always something with SEPTA. So for it to go up, it's just ridiculous at this point."
The changes to fares include:
SEPTA says many of these changes will begin to establish the foundation for the New Payment Technologies Program, the goal of which is to make travel more convenient and allow for seamless travel through all SEPTA services.
The New Payment Technologies Program is set to be complete in 2015.
For more information on fare changes, visit http://www.septa.org/fares/new/index.html.
philadelphia, SEPTA, local/state
- London theater partially collapses during performance 19 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 1 min ago
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 36 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
24 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos