Arraignment planned in New Jersey nanny cam home invasion
NEWARK, N.J. - July 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey man is due to be arraigned in the case of a home invasion that that was captured on a nanny cam.
The Essex County Prosecutor's Office says 42-year-old Shawn Custis is due in court in Newark on Tuesday morning.
Custis was arrested Friday in Manhattan. He faces charges of attempted murder, robbery, burglary and child endangerment. It's not clear if he has retained a lawyer yet.
The June 21 attack in Millburn was captured on a hidden camera in the woman's home. A man can be seen bursting into the home, punching and kicking the woman and throwing her down the stairs while her 3-year-old daughter cowered on a couch.
assault, home invasion, new jersey, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 36 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 39 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 28 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
36 min ago
- Group calls on Phila. City Council for...
34 min ago