Arraignment planned in New Jersey nanny cam home invasion
NEWARK, N.J. - July 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey man is due to be arraigned in the case of a home invasion that that was captured on a nanny cam.
The Essex County Prosecutor's Office says 42-year-old Shawn Custis is due in court in Newark on Tuesday morning.
Custis was arrested Friday in Manhattan. He faces charges of attempted murder, robbery, burglary and child endangerment. It's not clear if he has retained a lawyer yet.
The June 21 attack in Millburn was captured on a hidden camera in the woman's home. A man can be seen bursting into the home, punching and kicking the woman and throwing her down the stairs while her 3-year-old daughter cowered on a couch.
assault, home invasion, new jersey, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Wintry Weekend 45 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Wintry Weekend
45 min ago