Arraignment planned in New Jersey nanny cam home invasion
NEWARK, N.J. - July 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey man is due to be arraigned in the case of a home invasion that that was captured on a nanny cam.
The Essex County Prosecutor's Office says 42-year-old Shawn Custis is due in court in Newark on Tuesday morning.
Custis was arrested Friday in Manhattan. He faces charges of attempted murder, robbery, burglary and child endangerment. It's not clear if he has retained a lawyer yet.
The June 21 attack in Millburn was captured on a hidden camera in the woman's home. A man can be seen bursting into the home, punching and kicking the woman and throwing her down the stairs while her 3-year-old daughter cowered on a couch.
assault, home invasion, new jersey, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 7 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark,...
7 min ago