Arraignment planned in New Jersey nanny cam home invasion
NEWARK, N.J. - July 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey man is due to be arraigned in the case of a home invasion that that was captured on a nanny cam.
The Essex County Prosecutor's Office says 42-year-old Shawn Custis is due in court in Newark on Tuesday morning.
Custis was arrested Friday in Manhattan. He faces charges of attempted murder, robbery, burglary and child endangerment. It's not clear if he has retained a lawyer yet.
The June 21 attack in Millburn was captured on a hidden camera in the woman's home. A man can be seen bursting into the home, punching and kicking the woman and throwing her down the stairs while her 3-year-old daughter cowered on a couch.
assault, home invasion, new jersey, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 6 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses 1 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed 7 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious...
6 min ago