Suspect sought in robbery of Port Richmond GameStop
PORT RICHMOND - July 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for the man who robbed a Port Richmond GameStop store.
The robbery happened at 4:40 p.m. Wednesday at 2539 Castor Avenue.
Police say the clerk was in the middle of a transaction, and had the cash register open, when the suspect leaned over and grabbed an undetermined amount of money.
The man then fled the store and tried to rob a Dots clothing store, telling an employee he had a gun, but left empty-handed.
The suspect is described by police as:
SUSPECT: Black male, 45-50 years-of-age, 6'4" tall, 240lbs, dark skin, wearing sweat jacket, light colored t-shirt with unknown logo on it, navy blue baseball hat, white pants and navy blue Nike sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, port richmond, robbery, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 25 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philadelphia 15 min ago
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
25 min ago
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW...
15 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos