2 sought in armed Kingsessing 7-Eleven robbery
KINGSESSING - July 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for the two men responsible for the armed robbery of a 7-Eleven in the Kingsessing section.
The robbery happened at 2:50 a.m. on Friday at 1337 South 58th Street.
Police say one suspect pointed a gun at the clerk, forcing him behind the counter while a second suspect stood on the other side of the counter, also pointing a gun at the clerk.
The suspects forced the worker to open the cash register, taking cash and lottery tickets. The pair then fled on foot.
The suspects are described by police as:
Suspect #1: Black male, 18-22 years-of-age, 5'7" tall, wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt with the words "Nike Air" on the front, dark jeans and white sneakers.
Suspect #2: Black male, 18-22 years-of-age, 5'7" tall, thin build, wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt with white strings and zipper, dark basketball shorts, and black sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 31 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 37 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 29 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 15 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
1 min ago