2 women held up on Cedarbrook Street
CEDARBROOK - July 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for the man who held up two women on a street in the Cedarbrook section.
It was around 8:50 p.m. Thursday when two women, a 52-year-old and a 57-year-old, were walking in the 1000 block of East Mount Airy Avenue.
The women were approached from behind by an unknown man who said "may I ask you a question."
When they turned around, police say the man motioned as if he had a gun and said "give me what you got."
One of the women gave him $20, police say, and the suspect then asked them if they had cell phones.
They said they did not, so the man fled on foot.
Police released surveillance images of the suspect that were taken at a Getty mini-market just before the robbery.
The suspect is described by police as a black male, 20-30 years-of-age, 5'11" tall, thin build, beard, wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, dark colored pants and dark colored sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 9 min ago
- Milder Monday 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 9 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 9 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 9 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Milder Monday
1 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
9 min ago