Police gear stolen from car in Hunting Park
HUNTING PARK - July 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for the man who stole a duffel bag full of police gear from a car that was being serviced.
It was around 3:00 p.m. Wednesday when the owner went to pick up the vehicle from Sunrise Complete Auto Services at 300 East Luzerne Street.
That's when he noticed a red duffel bag, full of police department equipment, was missing.
Investigators looked at surveillance video and saw a man on a bicycle taking the bag from the vehicle.
The suspect is described by police as a male of an unknown race with dark-colored hair. He was wearing a gray shirt and dark-colored pants.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, hunting park, theft, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 28 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies