SUV veers off I-95 ramp, barely misses pond
NEWARK, Del. - July 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say an SUV narrowly missed a retention pond after veering of a ramp to Interstate 95 in Newark, Delaware.
It happened around 1:00 p.m. on the ramp to I-95 from Route 895 northbound.
Investigators say the driver lost control of the vehicle and it went down an embankment toward the pond.
The SUV stopped before hitting the water, but the driver said she couldn't get out because the vehicle seemed to move toward the pond when she tried.
Officers helped the driver get out.
No injuries were reported in this incident.
delaware, new castle county, accident, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay 13 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast 29 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete 34 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 48 min ago
- Obama heading to South Africa 24 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 51 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
4 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
51 min ago