1 dead, 1 critical after fiery crash in Winslow Township
WINSLOW TWP., N.J. - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person is dead and another is critical after a fiery car crash in Winslow Township, New Jersey Monday night.
The accident happened just before 11:30 p.m. on the southbound lanes of Route 73 in the township's Cedarbrook section.
Police say a vehicle traveling north on Route 73 left the highway and struck a tree, bursting into flames.
The male driver was ejected from the vehicle upon impact.
Responding police officer found the vehicle fully engulfed in flames and pulled the unconscious driver away to safety.
Fire crews responded and upon extinguishing the flames, a deceased female passenger was discovered inside the vehicle.
The driver was taken to Cooper University Hospital in critical condition.
The identities of the victims are not known at this time.
The crash is under investigation.
accident, camden county, new jersey, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 6 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire 49 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 19 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
6 min ago