Man in wheelchair falls on tracks at Market East Station
CENTER CITY - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a man in a wheelchair fell onto the train tracks at SEPTA's Market East Station in Center City Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
Police say it was around 1:00 a.m. when the 57-year-old victim slipped out of his wheelchair and fell down onto the Regional Rail tracks below the platform.
Fire crews arrived on the scene and helped the man to safety. He was then taken to a nearby hospital with back and leg injuries.
There is no word on what may have caused the man to fall.
accident, center city, philadelphia, local/state
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 43 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
43 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos