Man in wheelchair falls on tracks at Market East Station
CENTER CITY - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a man in a wheelchair fell onto the train tracks at SEPTA's Market East Station in Center City Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
Police say it was around 1:00 a.m. when the 57-year-old victim slipped out of his wheelchair and fell down onto the Regional Rail tracks below the platform.
Fire crews arrived on the scene and helped the man to safety. He was then taken to a nearby hospital with back and leg injuries.
There is no word on what may have caused the man to fall.
accident, center city, philadelphia, local/state
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 6 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 4 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
6 min ago