Man in wheelchair falls on tracks at Market East Station
CENTER CITY - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a man in a wheelchair fell onto the train tracks at SEPTA's Market East Station in Center City Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
Police say it was around 1:00 a.m. when the 57-year-old victim slipped out of his wheelchair and fell down onto the Regional Rail tracks below the platform.
Fire crews arrived on the scene and helped the man to safety. He was then taken to a nearby hospital with back and leg injuries.
There is no word on what may have caused the man to fall.
accident, center city, philadelphia, local/state
- More Snow on the Way 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder 59 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
- More Snow on the Way
55 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
59 min ago