Busted water main leaves muddy mess in Hunting Park
HUNTING PARK - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Water was seen bubbling up onto a street from a broken underground water main in Philadelphia Hunting Park section Tuesday morning.
The break was discovered around 5:30 a.m. at the intersection of 11th Street and Erie Avenue.
Firefighters and police responded to the scene and closed off the area until Water Department crews could get in to turn off the main.
The main involved is what's called a service main. It is relatively low-pressure and just serves the neighborhood.
philadelphia, hunting park, water main break, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim 44 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 3 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 18 min ago
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim
44 min ago