Woman pleads guilty to 6 felonies in dad's death
DOVER, Del. (AP) - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 23-year-old Leipsic woman has pleaded guilty to six felonies related to her father's stabbing death.
The Delaware State News reports that Jennifer Barnes also agreed Monday to testify at the trial of 24-year-old Gerard Schweiger, who is charged in the death of Tony Mozick Sr.
Barnes pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence, hindering prosecution, second-degree conspiracy, making a false statement and other offenses. She faces up to 12 years imprisonment.
Authorities allege that Schweiger, the father of one of Barnes' four children, fatally stabbed Mozick, then conspired with Barnes to throw the body in the Leipsic River in a 55-gallon container. A trapper later found the body.
Schweiger is charged with first-degree murder, a weapons offense and the same six felony counts that Barnes pleaded guilty to.
homicide, delaware, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro 31 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 47 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
33 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos