Woman pleads guilty to 6 felonies in dad's death
DOVER, Del. (AP) - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 23-year-old Leipsic woman has pleaded guilty to six felonies related to her father's stabbing death.
The Delaware State News reports that Jennifer Barnes also agreed Monday to testify at the trial of 24-year-old Gerard Schweiger, who is charged in the death of Tony Mozick Sr.
Barnes pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence, hindering prosecution, second-degree conspiracy, making a false statement and other offenses. She faces up to 12 years imprisonment.
Authorities allege that Schweiger, the father of one of Barnes' four children, fatally stabbed Mozick, then conspired with Barnes to throw the body in the Leipsic River in a 55-gallon container. A trapper later found the body.
Schweiger is charged with first-degree murder, a weapons offense and the same six felony counts that Barnes pleaded guilty to.
homicide, delaware, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 30 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 59 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 57 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
28 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos