Woman pleads guilty to 6 felonies in dad's death
DOVER, Del. (AP) - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 23-year-old Leipsic woman has pleaded guilty to six felonies related to her father's stabbing death.
The Delaware State News reports that Jennifer Barnes also agreed Monday to testify at the trial of 24-year-old Gerard Schweiger, who is charged in the death of Tony Mozick Sr.
Barnes pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence, hindering prosecution, second-degree conspiracy, making a false statement and other offenses. She faces up to 12 years imprisonment.
Authorities allege that Schweiger, the father of one of Barnes' four children, fatally stabbed Mozick, then conspired with Barnes to throw the body in the Leipsic River in a 55-gallon container. A trapper later found the body.
Schweiger is charged with first-degree murder, a weapons offense and the same six felony counts that Barnes pleaded guilty to.
homicide, delaware, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Fire crews battle house fire in Montgomery...
37 min ago