NJ nanny cam home invasion suspect pleads not guilty
NEWARK, N.J. - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- The man charged in a northern New Jersey home invasion and beating that were captured on a nanny cam has pleaded not guilty to attempted murder, robbery, burglary and child endangerment.
Forty-two-year-old Shawn Custis was ordered held Tuesday on $750,000 bail. He was arrested Friday in Manhattan.
The June 21 attack in Millburn was captured on a hidden camera in a woman's home. A man can be seen bursting into the home, punching and kicking the woman and throwing her down the stairs while her 3-year-old daughter cowered on a couch.
assault, home invasion, new jersey, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos