NJ nanny cam home invasion suspect pleads not guilty
NEWARK, N.J. - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- The man charged in a northern New Jersey home invasion and beating that were captured on a nanny cam has pleaded not guilty to attempted murder, robbery, burglary and child endangerment.
Forty-two-year-old Shawn Custis was ordered held Tuesday on $750,000 bail. He was arrested Friday in Manhattan.
The June 21 attack in Millburn was captured on a hidden camera in a woman's home. A man can be seen bursting into the home, punching and kicking the woman and throwing her down the stairs while her 3-year-old daughter cowered on a couch.
assault, home invasion, new jersey, local/state
- 1 death reported in East Harlem building explosion 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion 21 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 1 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 2 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
21 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
59 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New...
55 min ago