NJ nanny cam home invasion suspect pleads not guilty
NEWARK, N.J. - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- The man charged in a northern New Jersey home invasion and beating that were captured on a nanny cam has pleaded not guilty to attempted murder, robbery, burglary and child endangerment.
Forty-two-year-old Shawn Custis was ordered held Tuesday on $750,000 bail. He was arrested Friday in Manhattan.
The June 21 attack in Millburn was captured on a hidden camera in a woman's home. A man can be seen bursting into the home, punching and kicking the woman and throwing her down the stairs while her 3-year-old daughter cowered on a couch.
assault, home invasion, new jersey, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 18 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons 33 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ