Suspect breaks into Walnut Street Theater, captured by police
CENTER CITY - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have captured a man who is suspected of breaking into the Walnut Street Theater Tuesday morning.
Around 6:00 a.m., police were called to the theater on the 800 block of Walnut Street in Center City for the report of a burglary.
When they arrived they found a window was smashed.
K-9 units were called to the scene.
Police were able to catch up with the suspect some time later while he was walking down 9th Street.
Police say nothing was taken from the theater.
philadelphia, center city, burglary, break-in, local/state
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens to distant waters 19 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 25 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 4 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos