Suspect breaks into Walnut Street Theater, captured by police
CENTER CITY - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have captured a man who is suspected of breaking into the Walnut Street Theater Tuesday morning.
Around 6:00 a.m., police were called to the theater on the 800 block of Walnut Street in Center City for the report of a burglary.
When they arrived they found a window was smashed.
K-9 units were called to the scene.
Police were able to catch up with the suspect some time later while he was walking down 9th Street.
Police say nothing was taken from the theater.
philadelphia, center city, burglary, break-in, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 35 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 56 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 20 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
20 min ago