Suspect breaks into Walnut Street Theater, captured by police
CENTER CITY - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have captured a man who is suspected of breaking into the Walnut Street Theater Tuesday morning.
Around 6:00 a.m., police were called to the theater on the 800 block of Walnut Street in Center City for the report of a burglary.
When they arrived they found a window was smashed.
K-9 units were called to the scene.
Police were able to catch up with the suspect some time later while he was walking down 9th Street.
Police say nothing was taken from the theater.
philadelphia, center city, burglary, break-in, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 29 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos