Arrest made in Burlington cab driver murder
BURLINGTON, N.J. - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have made an arrest in connection with the murder of a cab driver in Burlington, New Jersey.
Carey L. Coleman, 22, of Camden, was arrested for the June 16th shooting death of 47-year-old Larry Hamilton of Trenton.
The Burlington County Prosecutor's Office said that surveillance cameras captured Coleman getting into Hamilton's cab around 1:00 a.m. at the Trenton train station.
A short time later, police were called to the intersection of Route 130 North and York Street after the cab crashed into a utility police.
Hamilton was found dead inside the vehicle from a gunshot wound to the head.
Coleman was arrested at a relative's house on Monday.
Police say the gun used to kill Hamilton was found at the home of Coleman's girlfriend.
Coleman is charged with one count of first-degree murder and being held on $500,000 bail.
Hamilton was a father of grown children and had worked for Yellow Cab for more than a decade.
new jersey, burlington county, body found, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack 43 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
59 min ago