Kermit Gosnell finally signs federal drug plea
PHILADELPHIA - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- After two false starts, a Philadelphia abortion doctor has signed off on a federal plea agreement over his distribution of OxyContin and other painkillers.
Dr. Kermit Gosnell is already serving life without parole in the deaths of three babies born alive at his Philadelphia clinic.
Authorities say the 72-year-old Gosnell ran a "pill mill" by day and a rogue "abortion mill" by night.
The investigation into his abortion practices came after federal agents raided the clinic over allegations he was flooding city streets with the widely abused painkillers.
Gosnell has twice come to federal court for a plea hearing, only to balk at the deal.
His lawyer, Jack McMahon, says Gosnell signed the latest plea agreement over the weekend, and is due in court for the plea on July 9.
dr. kermit gosnell, philadelphia, abortion, trial, pennsylvania, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 43 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 24 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
43 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
24 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos