Possible hand grenade found in donation box in Camden
CAMDEN, N.J. - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- It may have been a live grenade that the bomb squad found Tuesday evening in a donation box in Camden.
Authorities say it sure looked like one.
It happened at the Camden Rescue Mission on South Broadway.
They evacuated the building and blocked off the road from Jackson to Van Hook, as officers investigated.
The road was back open by 11:00 p.m.
Camden County Police disposed of the device and are determining whether the apparent grenade was capable of exploding.
new jersey, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken 36 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
36 min ago