Possible hand grenade found in donation box in Camden
CAMDEN, N.J. - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- It may have been a live grenade that the bomb squad found Tuesday evening in a donation box in Camden.
Authorities say it sure looked like one.
It happened at the Camden Rescue Mission on South Broadway.
They evacuated the building and blocked off the road from Jackson to Van Hook, as officers investigated.
The road was back open by 11:00 p.m.
Camden County Police disposed of the device and are determining whether the apparent grenade was capable of exploding.
new jersey, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control 42 min ago
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief