Pennsylvania man returns Steve Martin's lost wallet
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (AP) - July 3, 013 (WPVI) -- Steve Martin is known as a wild and crazy guy, but he's also a lucky one: A stranger found his wallet on a Pennsylvania street and returned it to the entertainer.
Martin apparently lost his wallet while bicycling before performing Tuesday night in Wilkes-Barre. Will Beekman, programming director at the concert hall where Martin performed, says a man working on a city street found the wallet. He knew Martin's bluegrass show was in town, so he contacted the concert hall to say he'd found it.
Beekman says Martin insisted on thanking the man in person, but he wasn't sure whether the man got a reward. The wallet had Martin's driver's license and credit cards but no cash.
Beekman says he didn't get the man's name.
music, movies, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 33 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 19 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 25 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 56 min ago