Pennsylvania man returns Steve Martin's lost wallet
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (AP) - July 3, 013 (WPVI) -- Steve Martin is known as a wild and crazy guy, but he's also a lucky one: A stranger found his wallet on a Pennsylvania street and returned it to the entertainer.
Martin apparently lost his wallet while bicycling before performing Tuesday night in Wilkes-Barre. Will Beekman, programming director at the concert hall where Martin performed, says a man working on a city street found the wallet. He knew Martin's bluegrass show was in town, so he contacted the concert hall to say he'd found it.
Beekman says Martin insisted on thanking the man in person, but he wasn't sure whether the man got a reward. The wallet had Martin's driver's license and credit cards but no cash.
Beekman says he didn't get the man's name.
music, movies, pennsylvania, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish